We prefer when Villages have their domains with Google Domains and then delegate rights to us. Here are the instructions to do this:
- Delegate tech access to Helpful Village following the instructions described in the link below:
If possible, you should delegate access to the Google domain to the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Once you delegate access, we can help you do the configuration of the domain name pointing to the Helpful Village server. Contact us!
However, if you do not want to go this route, you can do it yourselves with these instructions:
- In order to use your domain name, you need to have some records added/removed on the DNS configuration.
There will need to be a CNAME record with the values:
TTL: 1 Hour
- We also recommend that you redirect your naked domain (domain without the www) to your www.yourdomain.org
This picture shows the redirect of the naked domain for a customer.
- Once you have finished setting up these settings, Helpful Village needs to do one additional step on our server. So please let HV know in advance when are you planning to add this new setting.